An Infusion to Improve Circulation
Hawthorn and Yarrow for blood circulation benefits.
Circulatory system problems occur when there is limited blood flow in the legs, hands, heart, and the rest of the body. Peripheral circulatory insufficiency (peripheral vascular disease) represents the total of illnesses caused by the obstruction of peripheral arteries and essentail veins in the body.
Blood is transported through the blood vessels (arteries and veins), ensuring oxygen intake in cells and removing carbon dioxide from this level. The blood circulation rate through vessels is given by the blood contact surface with the vessel walls, the diameter of the vessels, and the pressure with which the blood is pumped from the heart through the vessels.
At the beginning of the blood circulation near the heart, the blood pressure is high, as is the rate of blood circulation. As the distance to the heart increases, the vessels become narrower, the friction with the walls of the vessels is higher, thus the blood pressure and blood circulation rate decreases, allowing the change of nutrients and gases between the blood and the tissues.
If the vessels are obstructed, the blood stagnates, leading to circulatory insufficiency.
- Eat 2-3 pieces of raw garlic, or as a decoction (2-3 cloves of crushed garlic boiled in 200 ml of water or milk for 15 minutes), every day. The decoction is consumed all day long, with small swallows.
- If raw garlic or decoction causes you some inconveniences, you can turn to garlic tincture (10 drops twice a day) or garlic capsules (1-2 times a day) for 2 weeks. Garlic is a vasodilator.
Tonic wine and horseradish
- In a litre of natural red wine add 15 tablespoons of chopped horseradish and a half teaspoon of black pepper. The mixture is placed in a dark glass bottle and stored in a cool place, away from light for 9 days. After 9 days it is filtered and can be used, taking 3-4 tablespoons half an hour before meals.
- In a cup put a teaspoon of fresh beer yeast, a teaspoon of powdered milk, a teaspoon of honey, and fill with milk. The mixture is used once a day. This treatment is recommended to be done until a large packet of yeast is finished.
- Another option is to consume 2-3 teaspoons of fresh beer yeast between main meals for two weeks.
- Consume a teaspoon of freshly brewed yeast mixed with a teaspoon of honey and consumed 3 times a day, between main meals, for 2-4 weeks. If you do not have fresh yeast, you can also use dry yeast.
- Two teaspoons of yeast dissolved in 500 ml of fresh carrot juice. The amount is divided into three parts and is drunk throughout the day, between the main meals.
- It can be consumed as an infusion (2 teaspoons of crushed leaves are put in a mug of boiling water, left to infuse for 10-15 minutes, squeezed and consumed), tincture (30-40 drops of tincture in a liter of water and consumed three times a day 15 minutes before the main meals), tablets (40 mg, 2-3 times a day) or ampoules of ginkgo biloba extract in combination with royal jelly, honey and ginseng (1-2 tablespoons per day).
- Five teaspoons of chopped chilli peppers are added in a mixture of 250 ml vinegar and 250 ml alcohol. The preparation is allowed to soak for a week, then put into a dark bottle and kept in a dark, cold and dry place. Hands and feet are massaged daily with this mixture.
Essential oils in the bathroom
- To increase blood flow are recommended hot, total or local baths. Add 15-20 drops of essential oil of grapefruit, ginger, lavender, rosemary and eucalyptus to warm the body and relax it.
Chestnut dried fruits
- Put 200g of dried and shredded chestnut fruit into five liters of boiled water and let it infuse. Baths last for 30 minutes for 12 consecutive days in a month. The procedure should be repeated three months in a row.
People who have peripheral circulation problems are advised to adopt a balanced, fibre-rich and low-fat diet. It helps keep the cholesterol in normal limits.
Many fresh vegetables and fruits, especially berries, citrus fruits, and watermelons must be consumed because they tonify the walls of the blood vessels, stimulate circulation and blood flow.
Among the recommended foods are: plain yoghurt, onion juice, vegetable juices, whole bread, beef, poultry, fish, cow cheese, seafood, eggs, fish oil, eggs, nuts, beans, flaxseed oil, avocado oil.
To combat this condition tobacco, pork, alcohol, excess coffee and fats must be removed from the daily routine.
You should also avoid standing, wearing tight clothing and high heels, hot baths, prolonged sun exposure, weighing excess.