Salvia to Soothe You
In case of indigestion, you can use Salvia
Our grandparents have calmed their stomach aches with some of the following remedies and, if you are lucky, they may also be of use to you. However, no matter what remedy you choose, you will have to look carefully and critically on the things you eat, at how often and how much you eat. Take care and what you get dressed in because the clothes too tight exert pressure in the abdominal area, causing even greater pains.
- Ginger is used for a long time as a remedy for stomach calming and amelioration of nausea. No one knows exactly how it works, but it has been shown that this plant improves digestion and has antispastic properties that make it a useful remedy for stomach cramps. Ginger can be easily administered as capsules: take two 250 mg capsules after a meal. Or, after a meal, eat a few pieces of root ginger candy or drink a cup of ginger tea. To prepare the tea, mix a teaspoon of freshly squeezed ginger in a cup of boiled water and leave it infused for 10 minutes before squeezing it.
- Chamomile is an old treatment for indigestion. The plant is best administered as calming tea. Drink three cups of chamomile tea a day before the meal.
- Mix a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate in a glass of water and drink it. This solution neutralizes gastric acids and helps calm the flatulence. Sometimes, bicarbonate can produce gas in the stomach, so some specialists suggest adding a few drops of lemon to remove the gas before it accumulates in the stomach.
- Eat slowly and quietly. If you swallow large pieces, besides the large boluses that reach the digestive tract, you also introduce too much air, which contributes to bloating and flatulence. Moreover, when you eat too fast, food is not completely covered with saliva, which affects the digestion process.
- Eat the last main meal of the day at least three hours before bedtime. The digestive system works best when you are awake, standing, not while you sleep.
- Try to drink a teaspoon of apple vinegar, mixed with half a glass of water, especially after a copious meal. It will help you digest food if you do not have enough stomach acid in your stomach. Add a little honey if you want to lessen the taste.
- Salvia has the ability to relieve stomach cramps and stimulate slow digestion. You get rid of bloating and intestinal gas.