Drinking Hot Tea Is Not A Good Idea.
10 Mistakes That Aggravate The Flu
Jan 03, 2019
Why does the flu least for some people 2-3 days, and you have to deal with coughing, sore throat, stuffy nose and general sickness for more than a week? It's about the immunity of everyone, the type of virus you came into contact with, and some mistakes you can make. Here are some of them!
- Taking antibiotics. Because people feel sick and have the fever, preventively, many take a quick antibiotic. However, fever does not necessarily mean infection, which you treat with synthetic antibiotics. These drugs affect the stomach, weaken immunity, and over time lead to the development of antibiotic resistance. In addition, they do not affect viral infections, but only on bacterial infections.
- Dry air in the room or car. It is an obstacle to the healing process affecting the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes and throat, accentuating cough and pain. Specialists recommend keeping the room humidity by putting a pot of water on the radiator. Put 2-3 drops of essential oil of mint, eucalyptus or pine that purifies the air inside the water pot. In the car, avoid putting the heat too hot.
- Giving the children the same treatment you take. Even if they are "people", children have other sensitivities, their body is smaller. Children's treatment is created in other formulas, easier to administer, less concentrated or contains no other substances. Read the package leaflet before administration.
- Smoking and drinking coffee. They are very irritating to your throats that is already sensitive. They dehydrate and make the mucus even harder to remove by coughing.
- Using too many nasal drops. They are used for a short period of 3-4 days. Even if they seem to be effective and help you, many add dependence and lead to inflammation of the nasal mucosa. Better decongest your nose by making inhalations of steam or cleaning it with water and salt.
- Drinking hot teas. It is a mistake to drink hot tea thinking it warms you up and makes you sweat. In this way, there is a risk of throat burn, and the bacterias can grow up and the area becomes inflamed even more.
- Not airing the room because you are afraid to not freeze. If you are ill, you have to stay warm, right? Well, learn that if you do not let the air pass through, you will always be in a microbial environment, risking getting sick the other family members too. Dress well and airy the room at least twice a day.
- Not resting. During flu your body is overworked due to the disease and the fight with the viral infection. Hence the state of fatigue and sleepiness. Do not ignore the signs your body gives you. Give yourself time to relax, rest longer and you will heal faster.
- Puting your hand to your mouth when you are coughing or when you are sneezing. The idea is to not spread microbes and not contaminate the others around you, but in this case, the microbes stay on your hand for up to 3 hours. The ideal is to cough in the bend of your elbow or in a napkin that you will throw away right after usind it.
- You are not hydrating yourself. Perhaps you are not used to drinking two litres of fluid a day, you do not put a big price on teas, but now it is advisable to not miss it. Liquid consumption speeds up the elimination of toxins in the body, keeps the throat wet and, fluidises the mucus and makes it easier to remove.
I am the owner of the Plantfont website and I'm delighted to share my ideas with you here. Let me know your thoughts too!